Just minding my own beeswax - chatting cooking, kids, knitting, travel, and life in general


Wednesday, February 08, 2006

mister start, mister end - tales of procrastination

I missed the sign up for the Knitting Olympics, per usual. They have way more than 3,000 knithletes from all over the world, it's the brainchild of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee 'the yarnharlot' (I'll learn how to link soon, but you can find her at: http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/olympics2006.html).

I will still be knitting along, even though I'm not officially official. My goal -- which has a lot to do with my proscrastination issue -- is to complete a few of my WIPs (works in progress) and to knit a pair of legwarmers and a poncho over the 16 days of the Olympics. I really liked one of the guideline: "3. While this is intended to be somewhat difficult (like the Olympics) it is not intended to ruin your life. Don't set yourself up for failure. (Olympic athletes may cry, but they do not whine pitifully, sob and threaten members of their family with pointed sticks because they haven't slept in five days. ) This is intended to (like the Olympics) require some measure of sacrifice, and be difficult, but it should be possible to attain."

I'm training on a hat from what's left of a scarf (never give a delicate-thing-of-beauty to a 10 yr. old) that was a returned gift from last winter. It looked like it had been in a fierce tug of war! It sat in my yarn box for a whole year, back to procrastinating, grumpily not getting mended. So I finally ripped it out and am turning it into a hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment